Host a Fundraiser
Thank you for your interest in hosting a fundraising event to benefit YWCA Edmonton. These types of events help us raise important funds each year, and we are grateful for your generous support. All proceeds will go towards YWCA Edmonton programs and services.
YWCA Edmonton is a community leader in advocacy, counselling services, disability services, sexual health and wellness services, youth programming, and outdoor experiences. In 2020, we directly supported and empowered thousands of people in our community through the pandemic as we continued our work towards equity, opportunity, and choice for all.
Every dollar raised through your fundraising event has a far-reaching and lasting impact in our community.
What to expect from YWCA Edmonton:
When you host your own fundraiser, YWCA Edmonton has no fiduciary responsibility and little to no staff involvement in the event or activity. Here are some ways we can help you as you prepare for your fundraiser.
Supports YWCA can offer:
- Charitable tax receipts issued for donations of $10 or more, when applicable
- Guidance on programs and the impact of your donation
- Access to our “In Support of YWCA” logo and/or letter for you to use while promoting your event
- Promotion of your event on our social media channels when possible
- Right to withdraw: YWCA Edmonton may, at any time, rescind the right to use our name for fundraising or other purposes.
- Funding: YWCA Edmonton does not offer funding or reimbursement of expenses for any external fundraising events.
- Liability: You are responsible for obtaining all necessary permits/insurance for your event.
YWCA Charity Integrity
YWCA Edmonton is a registered Canadian charity (#10822 7935 RR0001).