Booking an intake appointment
Before booking your first appointment, we ask that you come down to our office to fill out intake paperwork. We will then assess your information and book an appointment with the counsellor best suited to you. If you are unable to come down to our office we can email the intake forms to you and we ask that you email or fax the completed forms back to us.
Referrals are not required for access to the YWCA Counselling Centre.
Services are offered on a fee-for-service basis on a sliding scale. Our sliding fee scale is individually assessed and is based on household income and how many dependents are supported by this income. The scale begins at a minimum of $35.00 to $120.00 maximum per 50 minute sessions. We work in collaboration with our clients to set a fee that is feasible, to ensure everyone has access to our Counselling services and no one is turned away.
Our team has experience in many fields of therapy, including but not limited to:
- Childhood Abuse/Neglect/Emotional and Behavioural Concerns
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Communication
- Family Violence Healing and Safety Planning
- Life Issues and Transitions
- Parenting Skills
- Play Therapy
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Stress Reduction and Relaxation Techniques
Note: We do not currently offer couples counselling, but you are welcome to come individually.
Towards Balance | Transforming Anger Through Understanding and Compassion
- Help you understand the impact your anger has had on your life in a systematic and professionally facilitated environment;
- Provide you with a group-based learning experience that focuses on communication skills, developing coping skills for dealing with anger and engaging in on-going therapeutic support when necessary;
- Provide you with referrals to other complementary services that may assist you; and
- Provide you with the opportunity to share your story and to receive feedback about your life experiences.
Towards Healing | Women Recovering from Trauma and Transforming their Lives
This therapeutic group is for women struggling to recover from traumatic life events.
Towards Healing is designed to help you:
- Gain a new understanding of how traumatic and other significant life events may have impacted your recovery and life goals;
- Develop your skills and resources for self-regulation and coping with traumatic memories;
- Access referrals to additional services that may benefit you; and
- Decrease your sense of isolation and struggle.
For more information on registration and fees, contact:
P I 780.423.9922 Ext. 222
E I firstname.lastname@example.org