(Edmonton, February 19, 2014) YWCA Edmonton has been honouring the best and brightest women in our city for over 30 years. Past honourees include: Carrie Doll, Lois Hole, Ruth Kelly, Barbara Poole, Anne McLellan, Jan Reimer, Lynda Steele and hundreds more. These awards are designed to recognize the strength and leadership of women in our city in an effort to encourage girls and women to follow in their footsteps; becoming the next generation of positively engaged change-makers.
We are now accepting nominations for the 2014 YWCA Women of Distinction Awards.
Edmontonians are urged to reflect upon the exceptional women in our city and nominate someone in one of eight categories:
- Advocate: She works tirelessly for positive social, economic, political or environmental change.
- Arts & Culture: She works to enrich our community by promoting our local arts and culture scene.
- Volunteer: She volunteers her time and talent to improve the lives of others.
- Educator: She is an educator of children or adults, and has empowered her students to do great things.
- Entrepreneur & Businesswoman: She has been successful in her business endeavours and uses her experience and knowledge to mentor others.
- Trailblazer: She excels in a field where the workforce is currently predominantly male; paving the way for more women to follow in her footsteps.
- Turning Point: She has overcome adverse circumstances and draws from her experience to inspire strength and success in others.
- Young Woman of Distinction: She is a woman 18 years old or younger who demonstrates extraordinary vision, leadership and commitment to improving the lives of others.
The nomination process is simple: submit a form online or fill out a hard copy and submit via mail or email. Both options are available on the Women of Distinction website.
Nominations Deadline | Friday March 28, 2014
Awards Night | Thursday May 29, 2014 | Northlands’s Edmonton Expo Centre
Nominate a woman making a difference in your life. It could change hers.