Competition Open Date:
Tuesday, 15 August 2017
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessments and summarize in detail, as required.
- Assess the needs of the family and the individual(s) being served.
- Make recommendations to FSCD workers, on what services are required to meet the needs of families if the family requires more than just FBC or FBC is not the appropriate program.
- Educate and provide behavior guidance techniques and facilitate skill acquisition for families of children with behavioral and developmental challenges.
- Teach and role model appropriate interventions to parents/guardian.
- Develop programming and training for the families.
- Monitor and make modifications to the programming, as required.
- Provide a child-specific discharge summary to the appropriate FSCD worker upon conclusion of service.
- Recruit, train and supervise Behavioural Aides.
- Attend regular FBC team meetings.
- Provide the Program Director and FSCD designate(s) with the nominal role by the 5th of each month.
- Record and evaluate resources required for effective caseload management.
- Ensure consistent, open communication with all parties involved.
- Respond to and document any concerns of the families being served. Notify the Program Director of those concerns.
- Follow the procedures and standards as set out in the YWCA Edmonton Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Minimum five years direct experience in rehabilitation services, working with children with disabilities and their families
- Direct experience in behaviour management is essential.
- Strong knowledge of child development
- Stepping Stones Triple P Positive Parenting Program is a definite asset.
- Experience creating Behavioral Summary Assessments
- Experience in development and implementation of behaviour/developmental plans
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Current 1st aid/CPR, Intervention Record Check and Police Security Clearance
- Reliable vehicle, as driving throughout Edmonton and surrounding area is a major component of the job
For further information or to submit a resume, please contact:
Executive Assistant to Disability Services
780-423-9922 ext. 243
Job Posting Download :
|Behavioural Consultant||55.23 KB|